Wednesday, March 25, 2015
10 Signs You're No Longer a Rookie Parent
Overtime, and as your family grew, you began to outrank other parents. After you've had a few kids, you are no longer a rookie parent because you have seen it, done it, and heard it all. Now, you look at other new parents and secretly smile as you remember what it was once like.
Here are 10 signs that you are no longer a rookie parent:
1. When the 5 second rule turns into 10 seconds...15 seconds...
2. You stop listening to other parents and what they did and do your own thing.
3. Ice cream for dinner? Why not?
4. You live on the dangerous side and only pack bottles, diapers, and wipes in the diaper bag.
5. No blood? No broken bones? We are ready to roll.
6. You stop picking out "age appropriate toys" and get what ever looks fun...and safe.
7. Your child's socks don't match and their shirt is on backwards... but hey, he got dressed all on his own.
8. Radio Disney is no suitable longer driving music.
9. You become the mother other mothers call for advice.
10. You understand that a quiet child in another room is never a good thing...never!!
Now it's time to share your own. How have you evolved from a rookie parent to a pro?