Over the last few years as our family has grown, I've heard a lot of sterotypical comments. Some of my favorite are:
- They do make birth control.
- How can you afford them all?
- Maybe I should have another kid to get more money.
- You're not pregnant AGAIN are you?
- I feel bad for your kids. They never get any one-one-one time.
Unfortionately, there's not much you can to do to sway others' views. They are going to think what they think and say what they say no matter what. There's no point in wasting your time trying to defend your beliefs or your family if they aren't open to see the truth. No matter how out of place their comments may be, all you can really do is ignore it. Afterall, no one knows your family like you do.
How do you deal with the stereotypes of raising a large family? What are some of the comments you've received?